Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home Treatment for Hemorrhoids

This is the treatment I use for hemorrhoids.

1. I bathe 2-3 times per day in a hot bath with 5 drops of pure Lavender essential oil and 5 drops of pure Eucalyptus oil and some epsom salts. (Use no more than 10 drops of oil in a bath as it can irritate the skin if used in excess, after a good soak (about 10 to 15 mins) I gently massage the hemorrhoids for a couple of minutes.

2. After bathing I pat the area dry and apply witch hazel and then Germaloids cream (which has zinc oxide and Lidocaine in it, ahhhhhhhhh sweet relief)

3. Take Ibuprofen for pain and to reduce swelling.

Hemorrhoids are usually gone withing a few days and the treatments ensure that while I have them, I'm not in too much pain.

An earlier post asks what to do about the little flaps of skin that can be left behind. As a 34 yr old woman who has these ugly flaps of skin this is n important thing to me. I recently read something (which I now cannot find) that was a cure for this. It's called the '3 fingers for 3 minutes method'. Basically you use a lubricant (I'll use my Germaloids as it has the Lidocaine in it) on your anus and one by one insert 3 fingers as far as you can into your rectum and when they are all in leave them in place for 3 minutes. This has the effect of stretching out the anal tissue so that the flaps of skin go back to how they should be. I experimented with this and inserted the 3 for 1 minute and it had a great effect, I had anal tissue that prolapsed every time I passed a stool (even a soft one) and this stopped after doing this. I fell after even one proper go of this the skin flaps will be much improved and certainly after several goes combined with some anal muscle strengthening exercises.

I've also started taking odourless garlic capsules so hopefully this will help strengthen the veins to prevent further out breaks. I've heard that Rutin (High grade vitamin C) is also really good at preventing them.

Hope some of this helps someone. Posted by Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment